Monday, April 15, 2013

20 Pounds Down

Finally, I'm getting back on track with Challenge #2.  I weighed in yesterday morning at 141.8, which is a loss of 3 pounds from last week's weigh in.  Of course, over the previous two weigh ins, I gained 1.2 pounds, so my net loss this week is 1.8 pounds--my previous lowest weight was 143.6 back on March 25th.  So hooray!  I am especially happy that I have now lost over 20 pounds since I started the Challenge exactly 3 months ago--I've lost 21.2 pounds, to be exact, so just about 7 pounds a month.  My weekly average is 1.6 pounds, so I've been consistent throughout this whole process, even though I've had a few stumbles along the way.  I really felt like I got back into my routine last week, after the disruptions of Easter candy and so many temptations--obviously, my body appreciates knowing what's coming via my routine, and doesn't appreciate being thrown into a chocolate coma...  I probably could  have guessed that outcome without testing the theory as thoroughly as I did, but oh well--I've righted the ship and am on the right course again now.  I'm thisclose to getting into the healthy BMI range--only 0.8 left to go!  I'm really excited about that prospect.

ha!

I did fail in my mini-Challenge last week--my midnight bedtime.  I was just all off on my hours, and even after issuing myself the mini-Challenge, I couldn't manage to be in bed before midnight.  Usually it was around 12:30am, but there were a few 1am nights as well.  I'm going to try again this week, because I love sleep--I'm not sure why I torture myself with such a late bedtime.  I need to get myself to bed earlier, because one of the solutions I'm considering to my exercise class dilemma is waking up crazy early to fit in a workout before Dan goes to work.  The exercise classes here where we live have early morning sessions--just not Zumba or step, which is such a bummer.  They offer early morning spinning--I have never tried spinning before, but that would be an option to change things up a little bit.  I also took the plunge yesterday and purchased a swimsuit for lap swimming, and some goggles--so I can get up early and go to the indoor pool here to do laps.  The spin class is Monday and Wednesday mornings, so I could do laps on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.  I'm not sure how I feel about the early mornings (again, I am not a morning person), but if I can get myself to bed at a decent time, it shouldn't be too bad...I hope!

unfortunately, I think my brain will know anyway...

Not too much going on this week, other than chugging along with the potty training for Alex.  We are making progress, but it's still the constant run to the bathroom, and the occasional accident.  He seems very proud of himself, though, so that is a great thing!  It's so much easier now that he's not being so stubborn.  We even ran errands yesterday evening and went out to dinner, and he stayed dry the whole time!  Very exciting stuff.  :)  Abby has the day off school today, so I'm just monitoring craziness with all three kids.  I need to get cleaning during naptime today (I type this to motivate myself...not because I think you care)--even though it's not Tuesday (my bathroom cleaning day on the schedule), the bathrooms desperately need my attention!  My goal is to get this house back in shape ASAP--I slacked off on some of the cleaning last week, so now I need to catch up.  A housewife's work is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment